Electric Power Steering
The vehicle has electric power steering. It does not have power steering fluid. Regular maintenance is not required.
If power steering assist is lost due to a system malfunction, the vehicle can be steered, but may require increased effort. See your dealer if there is a problem.
If the steering wheel is turned until it reaches the end of its travel and is held against that position for an extended period of time, power steering assist may be reduced.
Normal use of the power steering assist should return when the system cools down.
• Take curves at a reasonable speed.
• Reduce speed before entering a curve.
• Maintain a reasonable steady speed through the curve.
• Wait until the vehicle is out of the curve before accelerating gently into the straightaway.
Steering in Emergencies
• There are some situations when steering around a problem may be more effective than braking.
• Holding both sides of the steering wheel allows you to turn 180 degrees without removing a hand.
• The Antilock Brake System (ABS) allows steering while braking.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the Preface section. Warning: Refer to Glass and Sheet Metal Handling Warning in the Preface section. Disable the SIR System. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling. Disconnect the negative battery cable. Refer to ...
Passenger Sensing System
United States Canada The passenger sensing system turns off the front outboard passenger frontal airbag and knee airbag under certain conditions. No other airbag is affected by the passenger sensing system. The passenger airbag status indicator will be visible on the instrument panel wh ...
Remote Vehicle Start
For vehicles with this feature, the engine can be started from outside the vehicle. Starting the Vehicle 1. Aim the RKE transmitter at the vehicle. 2. Press and release . 3. Immediately after completing Step 2, press and hold for at least two seconds or until the turn signal lamps flash. Wh ...