Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Shock Absorber Replacement
- Raise and suitably support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and
Jacking the Vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly. Refer to Tire and Wheel Removal and
- Support the rear axle with a tall jack stand near the shock absorber.
- Remove the upper shock absorber bolts (1).
- Remove the lower shock absorber bolt (1).
- Position the shock absorber to the vehicle.
Caution: Refer to Fastener Caution in the Preface section.
- Install NEW upper shock absorber bolts (1) and tighten to 100 N·m (74 lb
- Install NEW lower shock absorber bolt (1) and tighten to 150 N·m
(111 lb ft) + 60°.
- Remove the jack stand.
- Install the rear tire and wheel assembly. Refer to Tire and Wheel
Removal and Installation.
- Lower the vehicle.
CH 6616 Hydraulic Hand Pump
CH 6615-10 Hydraulic Cylinder
CH 906-42 Adapter
For equivalent regional tools. Refer to Special Tools
Warning: Gas charged shock absorbers contain high pressure gas. Do
not remove the snap ring from inside the top of the tube. If the snap
ring is removed, the contents of the shock absorber will com ...
Align the front side door outer panel.
Verify the fit of the front side door outer panel.
Clamp the front side door outer panel
Pre-flanging the flange with BO-6396 pliers and BO-6392 tool kit .
Continue to hammer in stages along the hem flanges.
The exterior lamp control is to the left of the steering column on the instrument
: Briefly turn to this position
to turn the automatic lamp control off or on again.
AUTO: Turns the headlamps on automatically at normal brightness, together with
the parking lamps, taillamps, license ...
Reduced Engine Power Light
The reduced engine power light should come on briefly as the engine is started.
If it does not come on, have the vehicle serviced by your dealer.
This light, along with the malfunction indicator lamp, displays when a noticeable
reduction in the vehicle's performance occurs. Stop the vehic ...