Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Removal Procedure
- Turn the front wheels to the straight forward position and secure the
steering wheel from moving.
- Remove the 2 lower steering intermediate shaft bolts (1).
- Remove the steering intermediate shaft from the steering gear.
- Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle
- Remove the tire and wheel assemblies. Refer to Tire and Wheel Removal
- Remove the front compartment insulator, if equipped.
- Remove the engine shield, if equipped
- Remove the exhaust flexible pipe. Refer to Exhaust Flexible Pipe
- Remove lower stabilizer link shaft nut (2) on both sides.
- Remove stabilizer link shaft (1) from stabilizer shaft.
- Remove stabilizer link shaft (1) from stabilizer.
- Remove 4 fasteners (1) for the engine side cover on both
- Remove 4 fasteners (1) for the front engine compartment cover.
- Remove the front and rear transmission mount bracket bolts (1, 2).
- Remove and DISCARD 2 rear suspension frame bolts (2).
Remove rear frame reinforcements (1).
- Position and set hydraulic lifter in connection with CH 904 frame and CH
49289-50 adapter (2) onto suspension frame (1). Bent
from cover beside.
- Lower suspension frame max. 55 mm.
Note: In order to assure a correct installation of the insulators
ONLY remove and install the insulators side by side! Dismantled
MUST BE discarded.
- Remove and discard the two front stabilizer shaft insulator clamp bolts
- Remove the shaft insulator clamp (2).
Bend up clamp (2) slightly.
- Mark the location of the insulator (1) to the stabilizer shaft (2).
- Remove insulator (1) from stabilizer shaft (2).
CH 904 Underframe
EN 45059 Torque Angle Sensor Kit
CH 49289 Centering Adapter
For equivalent regional tools, refer to Special Tools. ...
Install NEW stabilizer shaft insulators (1) to stabilizer shaft (2) so
that the slit in the insulator is facing the rear of the vehicle.
Install the insulator c 2. lamp to the insu ...
Support the radiator and condenser from above using the
condenser tabs on each side.
Remove the lower steering intermediate shaft bolt (1).
Raise the vehicle on a hoist. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle.
Remove the tire and wheel assemblies. Refer to Tire and Wheel Remov ...
Aluminum Wheel Porosity Repair
Remove the tire and wheel. Refer to Tire and Wheel Removal
Inflate the tire to the manufactures specified pressure as stated on the
Submerge the tire/wheel into a water bath in order to locate the leak.
Inscribe a mark on the wheel in order to indic ...
Driver or Passenger Seat Back Cushion Cover and Pad Replacement
Warning: Refer to SIR Warning in the Preface section.
Warning: Replace the passenger presence system as a complete assembly to prevent
possible injury to the occupant. The bladder, the
pressure sensor, the seat cushion, and the control module are assembled and
calibrated a ...