Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Removal Procedure
- Support the radiator and condenser from above using the
condenser tabs on each side.
- Remove the lower steering intermediate shaft bolt (1).
- Raise the vehicle on a hoist. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assemblies. Refer to Tire and Wheel Removal
- Remove the exhaust flexible pipe. Refer to Exhaust Flexible Pipe
- Remove the front compartment splash shield. Refer to Front Compartment
Splash Shield Replacement.
- Remove the front compartment insulator, if equipped. Refer to Front
Compartment Insulator Replacement.
- Remove the wheel speed sensor wiring harness (2) from the frame on both
Remove the wiring harness retainers (3) from the frame and the lower control
- Remove the radiator wiring harness (1) from the frame.
Remove the wiring harness retainers (4) from the frame.
- Remove the power steering fluid cooling pipe bolt (1), clip out (2) and
securing the power steering fluid cooling pipe (3) to the
- Remove the lower ball joints from the steering knuckles. Refer to Lower
Control Arm Replacement.
- Remove the stabilizer link nut (1) from the strut.
- Remove the outer tie rods and tie rod nuts from the steering knuckles.
Refer to Steering Linkage Outer Tie Rod Replacement.
- Remove the front (1) and the rear (2) transmission mount bracket bolts.
- Raise the CH 904 frame and CH 49289 adapter with the hydraulic jack
until it contacts the frame.
- Turn the front wheels to the straight forward position and secure the
steering wheel from moving.
Remove the power steering gear inlet and outlet hose bolts (1). Remove the
inlet and outlet hose ( 2) from the steering
Note: Positioning pins (2, 3) of CH 49289 adapter MUST stick
into holes of drivetrain frame.
- Check if wheel alignment is required.
Move out position pins (1) and try to insert into underbody holes.
If guide pins can NOT be inserted, the Wheel Alignment Measurement is
required after installation of the drive train frame.
- Loosen the front bumper energy absorber bracket bolt. Refer to Front
Bumper Energy Absorber Bracket Replacement.
- Secure the power steering gear to the vehicle.
- Remove and discard the frame front bolts (1).
- Remove and discard the frame rear bolts (2).
- Remove the frame reinforcements (3).
- Remove the frame (4) from the vehicle.
- Remove the following components if replacing the frame:
- The lower control arms--Refer to Lower Control Arm Replacement.
- The stabilizer shaft--Refer to Stabilizer Shaft Replacement.
- The radiator support brackets
- The steering gear--Refer to Steering Gear Replacement.
CH 904 Underframe
CH 49289 Centering Adapter
For equivalent regional tools, refer to Special Tools. ...
Install the following components on the drivetrain and front suspension
frame if removed:
The radiator support brackets.
The stabilizer shaft--Refer to Stabilizer Shaft Replacement.
Distraction comes in many forms and can take your focus from the task of driving.
Exercise good judgment and do not let other activities divert your attention away
from the road. Many local governments have enacted laws regarding driver distraction.
Become familiar with the local laws in your ...
Headlamp Mount Panel Replacement (MAG-Welding)
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Warning: Refer to Glass and Sheet Metal Handling Warning in the Preface sec ...
Front Side Door Check Replacement
Remove front side door trim panel. Refer to Front Side Door Trim
Remove the front side door water deflector. Refer to Front Side Door
Water Deflector Replacement
Front Side Door Check Link Bolt
Caution: Refer to Fastener Caution in the ...