Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Removal Procedure
- Disable the SIR System. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
- Remove all related panels and components.
- Visually inspect the damage. Repair as much of the damage as possible.
- Remove the sealers and anti-corrosion materials from the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti-Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Locate and mark all the necessary factory welds of the front end sheet
metal cross panel reinforcement (1).
- Drill all factory welds. Note the number and location of welds for
installation of the service assembly.
- Remove the front end sheet metal cross panel reinforcement (1).
- Drill all factory welds.
- Grind factory welds of the front end upper tie bar.
- Remove the front end upper tie bar (1).
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed. ...
Position the front end upper tie bar (1) on the vehicle.
Verify the fit of the front end upper tie bar.
Clamp the front end upper tie bar into position.
Weld seam accordingly.
Cut the body lock pillar outer panel in corresponding locations to fit
the remaining original panel. The sectioning joint should be
trimmed to allow a gap of one-and-one-half-times the metal thickness at the
Create a 50 mm (2 in) backing plate from the unused portio ...
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Warning: Refer to Collision Sectioning Warning in the Preface section.
Warning: Refer to Glass and Sheet Metal Handling Warning in the Preface section.
Disable the SIR System. Refer to SIR Dis ...
Front Floor Console Storage Tray Replacement
Remove the automatic or manual transmission control lever trim cover. Refer
to Automatic or Manual Transmission Control Lever
Trim Cover Replacement
Front Floor Console Storage Tray Screw (Qty: 2)
Caution: Refer to Fastener Caution in the Preface section.