The vehicle may have this feature that allows you to start the engine from outside the vehicle.
(Remote Vehicle Start):
This button will be on the RKE transmitter if the vehicle has remote start.
The climate control system will use the previous settings during a remote start. The rear defog may come on during remote start based on cold ambient conditions. The rear fog indicator light does not come on during remote start. If the vehicle has heated seats, they may come on during a remote start.
Laws in some local communities may restrict the use of remote starters. For example, some laws require a person using remote start to have the vehicle in view. Check local regulations for any requirements.
Other conditions can affect the performance of the transmitter.
Starting the Vehicle
To start the engine using the remote start feature: 1. Aim the RKE transmitter at the vehicle.
2. Press and release .
3. Immediately after completing Step 2, press and hold for at least two seconds or until the turn signal lamps flash. The turn signal lamps flashing confirms the request to remote start the vehicle has been received.
When the engine starts, the parking lamps will turn on and remain on as long as the engine is running. The doors will be locked and the climate control system may come on.
The engine will continue to run for 10 minutes. Repeat the steps for a 10-minute time extension. Remote start can be extended only once.
Start the vehicle before driving.
Extending Engine Run Time
For a 10-minute extension, repeat Steps 1–3 while the engine is still running. The remote start can be extended once.
When the remote start is extended, the second 10 minutes will start immediately.
For example, if the engine has been running for five minutes, and 10 minutes are added, the engine will run for a total of 15 minutes.
A maximum of two remote starts, or a single start with an extension, is allowed between ignition cycles.
The vehicle's ignition must be turned on and then back off before the remote start procedure can be used again.
Canceling a Remote Start
To cancel a remote start, do one of the following: • Aim the RKE transmitter at the vehicle and press and hold until the parking lamps turn off.
• Turn on the hazard warning flashers.
• Turn the vehicle on and then off.
Conditions in Which Remote Start Will Not Work
The remote vehicle start feature will not operate if: • The key is in the ignition (key access) or if the key is in the vehicle (keyless access).
• The hood is not closed.
• The hazard warning flashers are on.
• The malfunction indicator lamp is on.
• The engine coolant temperature is too high.
• The oil pressure is low.
• Two remote vehicle starts, or a single remote start with an extension, have already been used.
• The vehicle is not in P (Park).
OnStar Hands-Free Calling allows calls to be made and received from the vehicle. The vehicle can also be controlled from a cell phone through the OnStar RemoteLink mobile app. For coverage maps, see www.onstar.com (U.S.), www.onstar.ca (Canada). Hands-Free Calling 1. Press . System responds: ...
1. • Turns the system on or off and adjusts the volume. 2. Buttons 1 to 6 • Radio: Saves and selects favorite stations. 3. • Radio: Seeks the previous station. • CD: Selects the previous track or rewinds within a track. 4. • CD: Pauses playback, and stops playback. 5. • Radio: ...
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the Preface section. Warning: Refer to Glass and Sheet Metal Handling Warning in the Preface section. Disable the SIR System. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling. Disconnect the negative battery cable. Refer to ...