Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Rear Spring Insulator Replacement
- Raise and suitably support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the
- Support the rear axle with a tall jack stand near the shock absorber.
- Remove the lower shock bolt. Refer to Shock Absorber Replacement.
- Using the tall jack stands, slowly lower the rear axle in order to
remove tension from the rear springs.
- Remove the spring (1).
- Remove the lower and upper rear spring insulators (1, 2).
Note: The rear springs are indexed with the colored tag
toward the rear of the vehicle. No up/down or side to side orientation is
- Install the lower and upper rear spring insulators (1, 2).
- Install the spring (1) with the spring tag toward the rear of the
vehicle, making sure the lower rear is seated into the lower spring
- Using the jack stands, raise the rear axle in order to compress
the rear springs.
- Install the lower shock absorber bolts. Refer to Shock Absorber
- Lower the vehicle.
Warning: Gas charged shock absorbers contain high pressure gas. Do
not remove the snap ring from inside the top of the tube. If the snap
ring is removed, the contents of the shock absorber will com ...
Raise and suitably support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the
Support the rear axle with a tall jack stand near the shock absorber.
Remove the lower sh ...
Wheel Alignment - Steering Wheel Angle and/or Front Toe Adjustment
Ensure that the steering wheel is set in a straight ahead position.
Loosen the tie rod jam nut (1).
Adjust the toe to specification by turning the adjuster (2). Refer to
Wheel Alignment Specifications.
Caution: Refer to Fastener Caution in the Preface section.
Tighten the tie ro ...
Older children who have outgrown booster seats should wear the vehicle safety
The manufacturer instructions that come with the booster seat state the weight
and height limitations for that booster. Use a booster seat with a lap-shoulder
belt until the child passes the fit test below: ...
Driver Shift Control (DSC) allows the automatic transmission to be shifted similar
to a manual transmission.
Electronic Range Select (ERS) allows for the selection of a range of gears.
If the vehicle has a manual transmission, it will have an up-shift light that
indicates whe ...