Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Rear Axle Bushing Replacement
- CH 6616 Hydraulic Hand Pump
- CH 6615-10 Hydraulic Cylinder
- CH-48377-1 Chisel
- CH-49233 Adapter
- CH 906-42 Adapter
For equivalent regional tools. Refer to Special Tools
Warning: Use of eye goggles is necessary to prevent personal injury.
- Remove the rear axle. Refer to Rear Axle Replacement
- With the aid of second mechanic, place rear axle onto work bench.
- Mark installation position (dashed line) for rear axle bushing (2) on
rear axle using a permanent marker.
Use upper gap (1) of bushing for alignment.
- Drill 8 times all around through rubber (1) bushings with drill 10 mm
- Jigsaw carefully a V-cut (dashed line) into lower side (1) of rear axle
bushing. Use lowest bore (2) to insert saw.
- Remove bushing (1), using CH-48377-1 chisel (2) and a hammer. Insert
CH-48377-1 chisel on place of V-cut.
- Mark installation position (2) of NEW rear axle bushing (1) as shown in
- Align bushing marking (2) to rear axle marking (1).
- Install the following components onto rear axle bushing and rear axle:
- CH 6615-10 cylinder (1).
- CH-49233 adapter (2).
- NEW rear axle bushing (3).
- CH 906-42 adapter (4)
- Install and tighten counter nut (5) onto spindle of CH 6615-10 cylinder
- Connect pressure hose (6) of CH 6616 pump to CH 6615-10
- Press carefully the rear axle bushing in to rear axle, using CH 6616
- When lift way of CH 6615-10 cylinder reaches stop, release pressure on
CH 6616 pump , retighten counter nut (5) and press rear
axle bushing in to rear axle until final installation position.
- Remove ALL special tools.
- Install rear axle. Refer to Rear Axle Replacement
EN 45059 Torque Angle Sensor Kit
For equivalent regional tools, refer to Special Tools.
Raise and suitably support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and ...
Raise and suitably support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and
Jacking the Vehicle.
Remove the tire and wheel assembly. Refer to Tire and Wheel Removal and
Trademarks and License Agreements
Manufactured under license under U.S. Patent #'s: 5,451,942; 5,956,674; 5,974,380;
5,978,762; 6,487,535 & other U.S. and worldwide patents issued & pending. DTS and
the Symbol are registered trademarks and DTS Digital Surround and the DTS logos
are trademarks of DTS Inc. All Righ ...
Front Bumper Fascia Replacement
Remove the front bumper fascia opening cover. Refer to Front Bumper Fascia
Opening Lower Cover Replacement.
Front Wheelhouse Liner Bolt (Qty: 8)
Caution: Refer to Fastener Caution in the Preface section.
2.5 N·m(23 lb in)
Front Bumper Fascia Bolt (Q ...
Headlamps, Front Turn Signal and Parking Lamps
1. Parking/Turn Signal Lamp
2. High-Beam Headlamp/ Low-Beam Headlamp and DRL
High-Beam Headlamp/ Low-Beam Headlamp and DRL
1. Open the hood
2. For the driver side bulb, remove the windshield washer bottle filler neck by
firmly pulling it straight up and out of the bottle.
3. Remove the co ...