Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Instrument Panel Assembly Replacement
- Disable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling
- Remove the front floor console assembly. Refer to Front Floor Console
- Remove the radio assembly. Refer to Radio Replacement.
- Remove the driver information display bezel. Refer to Driver Information
Display Bezel Replacement.
- Remove the heater and air conditioning control. Refer to Heater and Air
Conditioning Control Replacement.
- Remove the steering column lower trim cover. Refer to Steering Column
Lower Trim Cover Replacement
- Remove the steering column upper trim cover. Refer to Steering Column
Upper Trim Cover Replacement.
- Remove both instrument panel outer trim covers. Refer to Instrument
Panel Outer Trim Cover Replacement - Left Side.
- Remove the instrument panel compartment assembly. Refer to Instrument
Panel Compartment Replacement.
- Remove the instrument panel molding. Refer to Instrument Panel Molding
- Remove the center air outlet assembly. Refer to Instrument Panel Center
Air Outlet Replacement.
- Remove the left outer air outlet assembly. Refer to Instrument Panel
Outer Air Outlet Replacement - Left Side.
- Remove the right outer air outlet assembly. Refer to Instrument Panel
Outer Air Outlet Replacement - Right Side.
- Instrument Panel Assembly Screw (Qty: 9)
Caution: Refer to Fastener Caution in the Preface section.
9 N·m(80 lb in)
- Instrument Panel Assembly
- Note location and routing of the instrument panel wiring harness prior
to removal of the instrument panel assembly
to ensure proper reinstallation.
- Disconnect the wiring harness from the instrument panel assembly.
- With the aid of an assistant, remove the instrument panel assembly from
- When replacing the instrument panel assembly, transfer all necessary
Remove the instrument panel. Refer to Instrument Panel Assembly Replacement.
Instrument Panel Upper Trim Pad Insert Screw (Qty: 6)
Caution: Refer to Fastener Caution ...
Remove instrument panel compartment. Refer to Instrument Panel
Remove instrument panel wiring harness (2) from instrument panel tie ba ...
Body Waterleak Repair
Warning: If the vehicle interior is exposed to moisture and becomes
soaked up to the level of the sensing and diagnostic module (SDM),
the SDM and SDM harness connector must be replaced. The SDM could be activated
when powered, which could cause airbag deployment
and result in personal inj ...
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in
the Preface section.
Disable the SIR System. Refer to SIR Disabling
Disconnect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
Remove all related panels and co ...
SIR Service Precautions
SIR Service Precautions
Warning: When performing service on or near the SIR components or
the SIR wiring, the SIR system must be disabled. Failure to observe
the correct procedure could cause deployment of the SIR components. Serious
injury can occur. Failure to observe the correct procedure