Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Remove all mounds or loose pieces of urethane adhesive from the
- Inspect for any of the following problems in order to help prevent
future breakage of the window:
- High weld
- Solder spots
- Hardened sealer
- Any other obstruction or irregularity in the pinch-weld flange
- After repairing the opening as indicated, perform the
Remove all traces of broken glass from the outer cowl panel, seats, floor,
and defroster ducts.
- Apply adhesive bead (1).
Cut into the tip of the cartridge in such a way that a bead of adhesive
approx. 13 mm (0.511 in) thick is produced.
- Insert windshield.
- Place the windshield on the roof frames and lower down.
- Insert windshield with BO-641 holder .
- Secure windshield in position with fabric tape.
- Second mechanic required.
- Clean any excess urethane adhesive from the body.
- Use a soft spray of warm water in order to immediately water test the
- Inspect the window for leaks.
- If any leaks are found, use a plastic paddle in order to apply extra
urethane adhesive at the leak point.
- Retest the window for leaks.
- Maintain the following conditions in order to properly cure the urethane
- Partially lower a door window in order to prevent pressure buildups when
closing doors before the urethane adhesive cures.
- Do not drive the vehicle until the urethane adhesive is cured. Refer to
the above curing times.
- Do not use compressed air in order to dry the urethane adhesive.
- Install the roof rail front right and left.
- Install inside rearview mirror. Refer to Inside Rearview Mirror
- Install windshield garnish molding. Refer to Windshield Garnish Molding
- Install air inlet grille panel. Refer to Air Inlet Grille Panel
- Connect battery.
Warning: Refer to Cracked Window Warning in the Preface section.
Warning: Refer to Glass and Sheet Metal Handling Warning in the Preface section
Note: Position the vehicle on level ground and move ...
Warning: Refer to Glass and Sheet Metal Handling Warning in the Preface
Warning: Refer to Express Window Down Warning in the Preface section.
Remove the fr ...
Traction Control System (TCS)
The vehicle has a Traction Control System (TCS) that limits wheel spin.
On a front-wheel-drive vehicle, the system operates if it senses that one or
both of the front wheels are spinning or beginning to lose traction. When this happens,
the system brakes the spinning wheel(s), and/or reduces en ...
This section of the manual describes how to use safety belts properly. It also
describes some things not to do with safety belts.
Do not let anyone ride where a safety belt cannot be worn properly. In a crash,
if you or your passenger(s) are not wearing safety belts, injuries can be mu ...
Headlamp Aiming Procedure
Open the hood.
Measure from the floor to the center of the headlamp bulb. Some
headlamps have an aim dot marked on the headlamp lens.
At the screen, measure from the floor and place the horizontal tape at
the measured distance.
Measure from the reference line on the floor to the le ...