Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Install the following components on the drivetrain and front suspension
frame if removed:
- The radiator support brackets.
- The stabilizer shaft--Refer to Stabilizer Shaft Replacement.
- The lower control arms--Refer to Lower Control Arm Replacement.
- The steering gear--Refer to Steering Gear Replacement
Note: Positioning pins (1) of CH 49289 adapter MUST be extended in
order to guide into underbody holes.
- Raise the frame (4) carefully, 2. using CH 49289 adapter .
- Install the frame reinforcements (3).
Caution: Refer to Fastener Caution in the Preface section.
Note: Do NOT reuse old bolts.
- Install the NEW frame rear bolts (2) and tighten to 160 N·m (118 lb ft).
Note: Do NOT reuse old bolts.
- Install the NEW frame front bolts (1) and tighten to 160 N·m (118 lb
- Remove the support of the power steering gear
- Install the front bumper energy absorber bracket bolt. Refer to Front
Bumper Energy Absorber Bracket Replacement.
- Install the front transmission mount bolt (1) and tighten to 100 N·m (74
- Install the rear transmission mount bracket bolt (2) and tighten to 100
N·m (74 lb ft).
- Install the outer tie rods and tie rod nuts to the steering knuckles.
Refer to Steering Linkage Outer Tie Rod Replacement.
- Install the steering linkage tie rod. Tighten the steering linkage tie
rod nut to 35 N·m (26 lb ft).
- Install the lower ball joints to the steering knuckles. Refer to Lower
Control Arm Replacement.
- Install the power steering fluid cooling pipe (3) to the frame, install
the power steering fluid cooling pipe bolt (1) and clip in (2).
Tighten the power steering fluid cooling pipe bolt to 9 N·m (80 lb in).
- Install the wheel speed sensor wiring harness (2) to the frame on both
Install the wiring harness retainers (3) to the frame and the lower control
- Install the radiator wiring harness (1) to the frame.
Install the wiring harness retainers (4) to the frame.
- Install the inlet and outlet hose (2)
to the steering gear (3).
- Install power steering gear inlet and outlet hose bolts (1) and tighten
to 11 N·m (97 lb in).
- Install the lower steering intermediate shaft (1) bolt and tighten to 34
N·m (25 lb ft).
- Remove the support of the radiator and condenser.
- Lower the vehicle on a hoist. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle.
- Install the tire and wheel assemblies. Refer to Tire and Wheel Removal
- Install the exhaust flexible pipe. Refer to Exhaust Flexible Pipe
- Install the front bumper fascia opening lower cover. Refer to Front
Bumper Fascia Opening Lower Cover Replacement.
- Install the engine splash shields. Refer to Front Compartment Splash
- Install the front compartment insulator, if equipped. Refer to Front
Compartment Insulator Replacement.
- If replacing the frame, check the wheel alignment. Refer to Wheel
Support the radiator and condenser from above using the
condenser tabs on each side.
Remove the lower steering intermediate shaft bolt (1).
Raise the vehicle on a hoist. Refer to Li ...
CH 49460-1 Adapter
CH 49460-2 Adapter
CH 6616 Hydraulic Hand Pump
CH 6615-10 Hydraulic Cylinder
For equivalent regional tools. Refer to Special Tools. ...
The audio system controls are used to access the personalization menus for customizing
CONFIG (Configuration): Press to access the Configuration Settings menu.
MENU/SEL: Press the center of this knob to enter the menus and select
menu items. Turn the knob to scroll through th ...
Variable Effort Steering System Description and Operation
The Variable Effort Steering (VES) system or MAGNASTEER® varies the amount of
effort required to steer the vehicle as vehicle speed
changes. At low speeds, the system provides minimal steering effort for easy
turning and parking maneuvers. Steering effort is increased
at higher speeds to provi ...
Turn the front wheels to the straight forward position and secure the
steering wheel from moving.
Remove the 2 lower steering intermediate shaft bolts (1).
Remove the steering intermediate shaft from the steering gear.
Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jac ...