Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Drill 8 mm (5/16 in) for plug welding along the edges of the tail lamp
pocket as noted from the original panel.
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for welding.
- Position the tail lamp pocket on the vehicle.
- Verify the fit of the tail lamp pocket.
- Clamp the tail lamp pocket into position.
- Plug weld accordingly.
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti-Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Warning: Refer to Glass and Sheet Metal Handling Warning in the Preface section.
Disable the SIR Syst ...
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed. ...
Windshield Washer Pump Seal Replacement
Open the hood.
Remove the windshield washer pump. Refer to Windshield Washer Pump
Using a small flat-bladed tool, remove the washer pump terminal seal (1)
from the washer solvent container (2).
Position the washer pump ...
Cut the front compartment front rail in corresponding locations to fit
the remaining original panel. The sectioning joint should be
trimmed to allow a gap of one-and-one-half-times the metal thickness at the
Create a 50 mm (2 in) backing plate from the unused porti ...
All Models Except Fuel Economy Model
Fuel Economy Model
These are the shift patterns for the six-speed manual transmissions.
To operate the transmissions:
Notice: Do not rest your hand on the shift lever while driving. The
pressure could cause premature wear in the transmiss ...