Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
Note: If the location of the original plug weld holes can
not be determined, space the plug weld holes every 40 mm (1½ in).
- Drill 8 mm (5/16 in) for plug welding along the edges of the underbody
rear side rail reinforcement as noted from
the original panel.
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for welding.
- Position the underbody rear side rail reinforcement on the vehicle.
- Verify the fit of the underbody rear side rail reinforcement.
- Clamp the underbody rear side rail reinforcement into position.
- Plug weld accordingly.
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti-Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Warning: Refer to Glass and Sheet Metal Handling Warning in the Preface section.
Disable the SIR Syst ...
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed. ...
For vehicles equipped with Bluetooth capability, the system can interact with
many cell phones and devices, allowing:
• Placing and receiving hands-free calls.
• Sharing of the cell phone’s address book or contact list with the vehicle. The
phone book will only display when that phon ...
Front Fender Replacement
Remove the front bumper fascia. Refer to Front Bumper Fascia
Remove front bumper fascia guide. Refer to Front Bumper Fascia
Remove the wheelhouse liner. Refer to Front Wheelhouse Liner Replacement
Remove the headlamp. Refer to H ...
Environmental Fallout (Acid Rain)
Caution: Refer to Clearcoat/Ultraviolet Screeners Caution in the
Note: Always refer to the manufacturer's packaged instructions for
the detailed procedures of materials used for compounding and/or
Since the severity of the condition varies from area to area, proper ...