Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Cut the rear side rail in corresponding locations to fit the remaining
original panel. The sectioning joint should be trimmed to allow a
gap of one-and-one-half-times the metal thickness at the sectioning joint.
- Create a 50 mm (2 in) backing plate from the unused portion of the
- Create 5 x 18 mm (4/16 x 11/16) slots for MIG-brazing along the
sectioning cut on the remaining original part. Locate these holes
13 mm (1/2 in) from the edge of part and spaced 40 mm (1½ in) apart.
- Prepare all mating surfaces as necessary.
- Fit the backing plates halfway into the sectioning joints, clamp in
place and braze to the vehicle.
- Align the rear side rail.
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for brazing and spot welding.
Note: In MIG-brazing areas 50 mm (2 in) must be kept clear of
- Apply structural adhesive to all attaching surfaces.
- Position the rear side rail on the vehicle.
- Verify the fit of the rear side rail.
- Clamp the rear side rail into position.
- Braze accordingly.
- To create a solid braze with minimum heat distortion, make 25 mm (1 in)
stitch brazes along the seam with 25 mm (1 in) gaps
between them. Then go back and complete the stitch braze.
- Spot weld accordingly.
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti-Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Warning: Refer to Collision Sectioning Warning in the Preface section.
Warning: Refer to Glass and She ...
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed. ...
Rear Side Door Upper Hinge and Lower Hinge Replacement
Remove the rear side door. Refer to Rear Side Door Replacement.
Rear Side Door Hinge Bolt (Qty: 4)
Caution: Refer to Fastener Caution in the Preface section.
25 N·m (19 lb ft)
Reart Side Door Hinge
Adjust rear side door as needed. Refer ...
Power Steering System Bleeding
Use clean, new power steering fluid type only. See the Maintenance
and Lubrication subsection for fluid specifications.
Hoses touching the frame, body or engine may cause system noise.
Verify that the hoses do not touch any ot ...
Retained Accessory Power (RAP)
These vehicle accessories may be used for up to 10 minutes after the engine is
• Audio System
• Power Windows
The power windows and sunroof will continue to work for up to 10 minutes or until
any door is opened. The radio will work when the key is in ON/RUN or ACC/ ACCE ...