Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for brazing.
- Apply structural adhesive to the attaching surfaces.
- Position the rear bumper impact bar stud plate on the vehicle.
- Verify the fit of the rear bumper impact bar stud plate
- Clamp the rear bumper impact bar stud plate into position.
- Spot weld accordingly.
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti-Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Warning: Refer to Glass and Sheet Metal Handling Warning in the Preface section.
Disable the SIR Syst ...
BO-6396 Bonding Pliers
BO-6392 Flanging Tool Kit
For equivalent regional tools, refer to Special Tools
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional ma ...
Floor Air Outlet Duct Replacement - Right Side (Right Hand Drive)
Remove instrument outer trim cover -- right side. Refer to Instrument
Panel Outer Trim Cover Replacement - Right Side.
Remove instrument panel lower trim pad cover -- left side. Refer to
Instrument Panel Lower Trim Pad Cover Replacement.
Remove flo ...
Align the front side door outer panel.
Verify the fit of the front side door outer panel.
Clamp the front side door outer panel
Pre-flanging the flange with BO-6396 pliers and BO-6392 tool kit .
Continue to hammer in stages along the hem flanges.
Headlining Trim Panel Replacement (With Sunroof)
Warning: Do not attempt to repair or alter the head impact
energy-absorbing material glued to the headliner or to the garnish
trims. If the material is damaged, replace the headliner and/or the garnish
trim. Failure to do so could result in personal injury.
Caution: If a vehicle is equip ...