Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for welding.
- Apply structural adhesive to the attaching surfaces.
- Position the body rear end panel on the vehicle.
- Verify the fit of the body rear end panel.
- Clamp the body rear end panel into position.
- Spot weld accordingly as noted from the original part.
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti-Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Warning: Refer to Glass and Sheet Metal Handling Warning in the Preface section.
Disable the SIR Syst ...
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed. ...
The CD player can play audio CDs and MP3 CDs.
The CD player will not play 8 cm (3 in) CDs.
Care of CDs
Sound quality can be reduced due to disc quality, recording method, quality of
the music recorded, and how the disc has been handled.
Handle discs carefully and store them in their original c ...
Body Waterleak Repair
Warning: If the vehicle interior is exposed to moisture and becomes
soaked up to the level of the sensing and diagnostic module (SDM),
the SDM and SDM harness connector must be replaced. The SDM could be activated
when powered, which could cause airbag deployment
and result in personal inj ...
Rear Compartment Lid Emblem/Nameplate Replacement (CDX)
Rear Compartment Lid Emblem Assembly
Caution: Refer to Exterior Trim Emblem Removal Caution in the Preface
The part and surface should be 21°C (70°F) prior to installation. The
vehicle should remain 21°C (70°F) for
one hour after assembly to allow adhesive to deve ...