Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
Note: If the location of the original plug weld holes can not be
determined, space the plug weld holes every 40 mm (1½ in).
- Drill 8 mm (5/16 in) for plug welding along the edges of the body rear
end panel as noted from the original panel.
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for welding.
- Position the body rear end panel on the vehicle.
- Verify the fit of the body rear end panel.
- Clamp the body rear end panel into position.
- Plug weld accordingly.
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti-Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Warning: Refer to Glass and Sheet Metal Handling Warning in the Preface section.
Disable the SIR Syst ...
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed. ...
Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the
Remove the tire and wheel. Refer to Tire and Wheel Removal and
Note: DO NOT re-use the lower control arm bolts and nuts. Discard
and use NEW only.
Remove wheel speed sensor wiring harness ...
If either seatback is not locked, it could move forward in a sudden stop or
crash. That could cause injury to the person sitting there.
Always push and pull on the seatbacks to be sure they are locked.
To recline the seatback:
1. Lift the lever.
If necessary, move the safety belt ou ...
Cut the rocker outer panel in corresponding locations to fit the
remaining original panel. The sectioning joint should be trimmed to
allow a gap of one-and-one-half-times the metal thickness at the sectioning
Create 50 mm (2 in) backing plates from the unused portion of the