Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Cut the quarter outer panel in corresponding locations to fit the
remaining original panel. The sectioning joint should be trimmed to
allow a gap of one-and-one-half-times the metal thickness at the sectioning
- Create a 50 mm (2 in) backing plate from the unused portion
of the service part.
- Create 5 x 18 mm (4/16 x 11/16 in) slots for MIG-brazing along the
sectioning cut on the remaining original part. Locate these
holes 13 mm (1/2 in) from the edge of part and spaced 40 mm (1 1/2 in)
- Prepare all mating surfaces as necessary.
- Fit the backing plates halfway into the sectioning joints, clamp in
place and braze to the vehicle.
- Align the quarter outer panel.
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for spot welding.
Note: In MIG-brazing areas 50 mm (2 in) must be kept clear of
- Apply structural adhesive in the wheelhouse area (1) as noted from the
original panel and to all attaching surfaces.
- Position the quarter outer panel on the vehicle.
- Verify the fit of the quarter outer panel.
- Clamp the quarter outer panel into position.
- Spot weld accordingly.
- Braze accordingly.
- To create a solid braze with minimum heat distortion, make 25 mm (1 in)
stitch brazes along the seam with 25 mm (1 in) gaps
between them. Then go back and complete the stitch braze.
- Pre-flanging the flange with BO-6396 pliers and BO-6392 tool kit .
- Finish closing the wheelhouse flanging.
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti-Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Warning: Refer to Collision Sectioning Warning in the Preface section.
Warning: Refer to Glass and She ...
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed. ...
The headlamps, parking lamps, taillamps, back-up lamps, and most of the interior
lamps turn on briefly when is pressed
on the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter.
After about 30 seconds the exterior lamps turn off, and then the dome and remaining
interior lights will dim to off. Entry lig ...
Tyre and Wheel Removal and Installation
Raise and suitably support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the
Remove the wheel center cap.
Mark the relationship of the wheel (2) to the hub.
Remove the wheel nuts (1).
Warning: If penetrating oil gets on the vertical surfaces between the ...
Passenger Sensing System
The vehicle has a passenger sensing system for the front outboard passenger position.
The passenger airbag status indicator will light on the instrument panel when the
vehicle is started.
The words ON and OFF, or the symbol for on and off, will be visible during the