Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Align the rear compartment floor panel.
- Drill 4 mm (3/16 in) for rivets along the edges of the rear compartment
floor were you cant apply a resistance spot welder.
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for
spot welding and riveting.
- Apply structural adhesive to all attaching surfaces.
- Position the rear compartment floor panel on the vehicle.
- Verify the fit of the rear compartment floor panel.
- Clamp the rear compartment floor panel into position.
- Rivet the rear compartment floor panel.
- Spot weld accordingly.
- Create 5 x 18 mm (4/16 x 11/16 in) slots for MIG-brazing along the edges
of the floor panel rear reinforcement, the spare wheel
carrier bracket and the rear wheelhouse panel rear brace as noted from the
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for brazing.
- Position the floor panel rear reinforcement, the spare wheel carrier
bracket and the rear wheelhouse panel rear brace on the vehicle.
- Verify the fit of the floor panel rear reinforcement, the spare wheel
carrier bracket and the rear wheelhouse panel rear brace.
- Braze accordingly.
- Weld accordingly the weld studs as noted.
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti-Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Warning: Refer to Glass and Sheet Metal Handling Warning in the Preface section.
Disable the SIR Syst ...
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed. ...
Driving Characteristics and Towing Tips
Driving with a Trailer
When towing a trailer:
• Become familiar with the state and local laws that apply specifically to trailer
• Do not tow a trailer during the first 800 km (500 mi), to prevent damage to the
engine, axle or other parts.
• Then, during the first 800 km (500 mi) tra ...
Frequency interference and static can occur during normal radio reception if
items such as phone chargers, vehicle convenience accessories, and external electronic
devices are plugged into the accessory power outlet. If there is interference or
static, unplug the item from the accessory power ...
Front Seat Belt System
The front seat belt system includes a driver and passenger seat belt
pretensioner retractor. Both front seat belt pretensioners includes a
seat belt switch in the seat buckle which controls a reminder lamp and a tone
Note: The front passenger seat is equipped with a passenger