Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Drill 8 mm (5/16 in) for plug welding along the edges of the body side
outer lower panel as noted from the original panel.
Note: If the location of the original plug weld holes can not be
determined, space the plug weld holes every 40 mm (1½ in).
- Clean and prepare the attaching
surfaces for welding.
- Position the body side outer lower panel on the vehicle.
- Verify the fit of the body side outer lower panel.
- Clamp the body side outer lower panel into position.
- Plug weld accordingly.
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti-Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Warning: Refer to Glass and Sheet Metal Handling Warning in the Preface section.
Disable the SIR Syst ...
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed. ...
Wipers and Washers
Windshield Wiper and Washer Switch Replacement
Remove the steering column trim covers. Refer to Steering Column Lower Trim
Windshield Wiper and Washer Switch
Disconnect any elect ...
Traction Control System (TCS)
The vehicle has a Traction Control System (TCS) that limits wheel spin.
On a front-wheel-drive vehicle, the system operates if it senses that one or
both of the front wheels are spinning or beginning to lose traction. When this happens,
the system brakes the spinning wheel(s), and/or reduces en ...
Create 8 24 mm (5/16 x 15/16 in) slots for MIG-brazing along the edges
of the underbody rear side rail reinforcement as noted from
the original panel.
Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for
Position the underbody rear side rail reinforcement on the ve ...