Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Align the body side outer panel reinforcement.
- Drill 8 mm (5/16 in) for plug welding along the edges of the body side
outer panel reinforcement as noted from the original panel.
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces
- Position the body side outer panel reinforcement on the vehicle.
- Verify the fit of the body side outer panel reinforcement.
- Clamp the body side outer panel reinforcement into position.
- Plug weld accordingly.
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti-Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Warning: Refer to Collision Sectioning Warning in the Preface section.
Warning: Refer to Glass and She ...
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed. ...
Hood Primary and Secondary Latch Replacement
Remove the front bumper fascia. Refer to Front Bumper Fascia
Remove the radiator grille support reinforcement. Refer to Radiator
Grille Reinforcement Support Replacement.
Hood Primary and Secondary Latch Retainer Bolt (Qty: 2)
At times, the position of the vehicle on the map could be inaccurate due to one
or more of the following reasons:
• The road system has changed.
• The vehicle is driving on slippery road surfaces such as sand, gravel, or snow.
• The vehicle is traveling on winding roads or long straight roads.
Tyre Dismounting and Mounting
Caution: Use a tire changing machine in order to dismount tires. Do
not use hand tools or tire irons alone in order to remove the tire from
the wheel. Damage to the tire beads or the wheel rim could result.
Caution: Do not scratch or damage the clear coating on aluminum wheels with the