Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Cut the rocker outer panel in corresponding locations to fit the
remaining original panel. The sectioning joint should be trimmed to
allow a gap of one-and-one-half-times the metal thickness at the sectioning
- Create 50 mm (2 in) backing plates from the unused portion of the
- Create 5 x 18 mm (4/16 x 11/16 in) slots for MIG-brazing along the
sectioning cut on the remaining original part. Locate these slots
13 mm (1/2 in) from the edge of part and spaced 40 mm (1½ in) apart.
- Prepare all mating surfaces as necessary.
- Fit the backing plates halfway into the sectioning joints, clamp in
place and braze to the vehicle.
- Align the rocker outer panel.
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for spot welding.
Note: In MIG-brazing areas 50 mm (2 in) must be kept clear of
- Apply structural adhesive to the attaching surfaces.
- Position the rocker outer panel on the vehicle.
- Verify the fit of the rocker outer panel.
- Clamp the rocker outer panel into position.
- Spot weld accordingly.
- To create a solid braze with minimum heat distortion, make 25 mm (1 in)
stitch brazes along the seam with 25 mm (1 in) gaps
between them. Then go back and complete the stitch braze.
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti-Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Warning: Refer to Collision Sectioning Warning in the Preface section.
Warning: Refer to Glass and She ...
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed. ...
Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for welding.
Apply one-part windshield urethane adhesive as noted from the original
Position the roof panel (1) on the
Verify the fit of the panel.
Clamp the panel into position.
Spot weld accor ...
Rear Compartment Lid Emblem/Nameplate Replacement (Chevrolet)
Rear Compartment Lid Emblem Assembly
Caution: Refer to Exterior Trim Emblem Removal Caution in the Preface
The part and surface should be 21°C (70°F) prior to installation. The
vehicle should remain 21°C (70°F) for
one hour after assembly to allow adhesive to deve ...
Ignition Positions (Key Access)
The ignition switch has four different positions.
Notice: Using a tool to force the key to turn in the ignition could
cause damage to the switch or break the key. Use the correct key, make sure it is
all the way in, and turn it only with your hand.
If the key cannot be turned by hand, see yo ...