Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Cut the rocker outer panel in corresponding locations to fit the
remaining original panel. The sectioning joint should be trimmed to
allow a gap of one-and-one-half-times the metal thickness at the sectioning
- Create a 50 mm (2 in) backing plate from the unused portion of the
- Drill 8 mm (5/16 in) along the sectioning cut on the remaining original
part. Locate these holes 13 mm (1/2 in) from the edge of part
and spaced 40 mm (1½ in) apart.
- Prepare all mating surfaces as necessary.
- Fit the backing plates halfway into the sectioning joints, clamp in
place and plug weld to the vehicle.
- Align the rocker outer panel.
- Drill 8 mm (5/16 in) for plug welding along the edges of the rocker
outer panel as noted from the original panel.
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for welding.
- Position the rocker outer panel on the
- Verify the fit of the rocker outer panel.
- Clamp the rocker outer panel into position.
- Plug weld accordingly.
- To create a solid weld with minimum heat distortion, make 25 mm (1 in)
stitch welds along the seam with 25 mm (1 in) gaps
between them. Then go back and complete the stitch weld.
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti-Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Warning: Refer to Collision Sectioning Warning in the Preface section.
Warning: Refer to Glass and She ...
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed. ...
Align the rear compartment floor panel.
Drill 8 mm (5/16 in) for plug welding along the edges of the rear compartment
floor panel as noted from the original panel.
Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for
Position the rear compartment floor panel on the vehicle.
Climate Control Systems
The heating, cooling, defrosting, and ventilation for the vehicle can be controlled with these systems.
Vehicles without Air Conditioning
1. Temperature Control.
2. Bi-level Air Mode.
3. Floor Air Mode.
4. Vent Air Mode.
5. Fan Control.
6. Driver and Passenger Heated Seats (If Equ ...
Headlamps, Front Turn Signal and Parking Lamps
1. Parking/Turn Signal Lamp
2. High-Beam Headlamp/ Low-Beam Headlamp and DRL
High-Beam Headlamp/ Low-Beam Headlamp and DRL
1. Open the hood
2. For the driver side bulb, remove the windshield washer bottle filler neck by
firmly pulling it straight up and out of the bottle.
3. Remove the co ...