Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Create 6 x 20 mm (4/16 x 11/16 in) slots for MIG-brazing along the upper
edges of the service panel as noted from the original
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for brazing and spot welding.
- Position the body lock pillar inner panel on the vehicle.
- Verify the fit of the panel.
- Clamp the body lock pillar inner panel into position.
- Braze accordingly the body lock pillar inner panel upper.
- Spot weld accordingly the body lock
pillar inner panel lower.
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti-Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Warning: Refer to Glass and Sheet Metal Handling Warning in the Preface section.
Disable the SIR Syst ...
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed. ...
Reduced Engine Power Light
The reduced engine power light should come on briefly as the engine is started.
If it does not come on, have the vehicle serviced by your dealer.
This light, along with the malfunction indicator lamp, displays when a noticeable
reduction in the vehicle's performance occurs. Stop the vehic ...
Drill 8 mm (5/16 in) for plug welding along the edges of the drivetrain
and front suspension frame front support as noted from the
Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for welding.
Position the drivetrain and front suspension frame front suppor ...
Cut the front compartment front rail in corresponding locations to fit
the remaining original panel. The sectioning joint should be
trimmed to allow a gap of one-and-one-half-times the metal thickness at the
Create a 50 mm (2 in) backing plate from the unused porti ...