Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Cut the body lock pillar outer panel in corresponding locations to fit
the remaining original panel. The sectioning joint should be
trimmed to allow a gap of one-and-one-half-times the metal thickness at the
- Create a 50 mm (2 in) backing plate from the unused portion of the
- Create 5 x 18 mm (4/16 x 11/16 in) slots for MIG-brazing along the
sectioning cut on the remaining original part. Locate these
holes 13 mm (1/2 in) from the edge of part and spaced 40 mm (1 1/2 in)
- Prepare all mating surfaces as necessary
- Fit the backing plates halfway into the sectioning joints, clamp in
place and braze to the vehicle.
- Align the body lock pillar outer panel.
- Create 6 x 20 mm (4/16 x 12/16 in) slots for MIG-brazing in locations
where you can not apply a resistance spot welder.
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for spot welding and brazing.
Note: In MIG-brazing areas 50 mm (2 in) must be kept clear of
- Apply structural adhesive to all attaching surfaces.
- Position the body lock pillar outer
panel on the vehicle.
- Verify the fit of the body lock pillar outer panel.
- Clamp the body lock pillar outer panel into position.
- Spot weld accordingly.
- Braze accordingly.
- To create a solid braze with minimum heat distortion, make 25 mm (1 in)
stitch brazes along the seam with 25 mm (1 in) gaps
between them. Then go back and complete the stitch braze.
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti-Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Warning: Refer to Collision Sectioning Warning in the Preface section.
Warning: Refer to Glass and She ...
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed. ...
Steering Gear Replacement (Hydraulic Power Steering)
EN 45059 Torque Angle Sensor Kit
For equivalent regional tools, refer to Special Tools.
Turn the front wheels to the straight forward position and secure the
steering wheel from moving.
Remove the lower steering intermediate shaft bolt (1).
OnStar® Destination Download
The destination download lets an OnStar® subscriber ask an OnStar Advisor to
download a destination to the navigation system. OnStar will send address information
and location coordinates of the destination into the navigation system.
Using Destination Download
If the navigation radio screen i ...
Cut the rear side rail in corresponding locations to fit the remaining
original panel. The sectioning joint should be trimmed to allow a
gap of one-and-one-half-times the metal thickness at the sectioning joint.
Create a 50 mm (2 in) backing plate from the unused portion of the