Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Cut the body lock pillar outer panel in corresponding locations to fit
the remaining original panel. The sectioning joint should be
trimmed to allow a gap of one-and-one-half-times the metal thickness at the
- Create a 50 mm (2 in) backing plate from the unused portion of the
- Drill 8 mm (5/16 in) along the sectioning cut on the remaining original
part. Locate these holes 13 mm (1/2 in) from the edge of part
and spaced 40 mm (1 1/2 in) apart.
- Prepare all mating surfaces as necessary.
- Fit the backing plates halfway into the sectioning joints, clamp in
place and plug weld to the vehicle.
- Align the body lock pillar outer panel.
- Drill 8 mm (5/16 in) for plug welding along the edges of the body lock
pillar outer panel as noted from the original panel.
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for welding.
- Position the body lock pillar outer
panel on the vehicle.
- Verify the fit of the body lock pillar outer panel.
- Clamp the body lock pillar outer panel into position.
- Plug weld accordingly.
- To create a solid weld with minimum heat distortion, make 25 mm (1 in)
stitch welds along the seam with 25 mm (1 in) gaps
between them. Then go back and complete the stitch weld.
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti-Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Warning: Refer to Collision Sectioning Warning in the Preface section.
Warning: Refer to Glass and She ...
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed. ...
Driver or Passenger Seat Replacement
Warning: Refer to SIR Warning in the Preface section.
Warning: When carrying a live inflator module, make sure the bag
opening is pointed away from you. This minimizes the chance of
injury in the case of an accidental deployment. Never carry the inflator module
by the wi ...
CH-39570 Chassis Ear
GE-41416 Ultrasonic Leak Detector
Warning: Refer to Assistant Driving Warning in the Preface section.
To analyze a reported windnoise condition, test drive the vehicle to
determine the origin of the noise.
Choose a regular route with smooth and strai ...
Steering Gear Replacement (Hydraulic Power Steering)
EN 45059 Torque Angle Sensor Kit
For equivalent regional tools, refer to Special Tools.
Turn the front wheels to the straight forward position and secure the
steering wheel from moving.
Remove the lower steering intermediate shaft bolt (1).