Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Drill 8 mm (5/16 in) for plug welding along the edges of the service
panel as noted from the original panel.
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for welding.
- Position the roof rear header (1) panel on the vehicle.
- Verify the fit of the panel.
- Clamp the roof rear header panel into position.
- Plug weld accordingly.
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti-Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Disable the SIR System. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Disconnect the negative battery cable. Re ...
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed. ...
Engine Oil Life System
The engine oil life system calculates engine oil life based on vehicle use and
displays the CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON DIC message or Code 82 DIC message when it is
necessary to change the engine oil and filter.
Remember, the Oil Life display must be reset after each oil change. It will not
Remove the drivetrain and front suspension frame. Refer to Drivetrain
and Front Suspension Frame Replacement.
Mark Installation position of insulator (2) at frame (1).
Cut out frame insulator core (1) from frame insulator (2).
Note: On the rear insulator dril ...
Rear Compartment Lid Emblem/Nameplate Replacement (CDX)
Rear Compartment Lid Emblem Assembly
Caution: Refer to Exterior Trim Emblem Removal Caution in the Preface
The part and surface should be 21°C (70°F) prior to installation. The
vehicle should remain 21°C (70°F) for
one hour after assembly to allow adhesive to deve ...