Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Cut the roof front header panel in corresponding locations to fit the
remaining original panel. The sectioning joint should be trimmed
to allow a gap of one-and-one-half-times the metal thickness at the
- Create a 50 mm (2 in) backing plate from the unused portion of the
- Drill 8 mm (5/16 in) along the sectioning cut on the remaining original
part. Locate these holes 13 mm (1/2 in) from the edge of part
and spaced 40 mm (1 1/2 in) apart.
- Prepare all mating surfaces as necessary.
- Fit the backing plates halfway into the sectioning joints, clamp in
place and braze to the vehicle
- Align roof front header panel.
- Braze accordingly.
- To create a solid braze with minimum heat distortion, make 25 mm (1 in)
stitch brazes along the seam with 25 mm (1 in) gaps
between them. Then go back and complete the stitch braze.
- Create 6 x 20 mm (4/16 x 12/16 in) slots for MIG-brazing along the edges
of the roof panel front bracket right.
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for brazing.
- Position the roof panel front bracket right (1) on the vehicle.
- Verify the fit of the roof panel front bracket.
- Clamp the roof panel front bracket right into position.
- Braze accordingly.
- Proceed the same way with the roof panel front bracket left.
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti-Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Warning: Refer to Collision Sectioning Warning in the Preface section.
Warning: Refer to Glass and She ...
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed. ...
Front Side Door Window Weatherstrip Replacement
Remove the outside rearview mirror. Refer to Outside Rearview
Remove the front side door window frame rear cover. Refer to Front Side
Door Window Frame Rear Cover Replacement.
Front Side Door Window Weatherstrip
Pull the ...
Prepare all mating surfaces as necessary.
Align the body lock pillar outer panel reinforcement.
Create 8 x 24 mm (5/16 x 15/16 in) slots for MIG-brazing upper (1) and
Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for spot welding and brazing.
Position the body loc ...
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in
the Preface section.
Warning: Refer to Glass and Sheet Metal Handling Warning in the Preface
Disable the SIR System. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Disconnect the negative battery cable. Refer to Bat ...