Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Prepare all mating surfaces as necessary.
- Align the front hinge pillar body reinforcement.
- Drill 8 mm (5/16 in) for plug welding along the edges of the front hinge
pillar body as noted from the original
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for welding.
- Position the front hinge pillar body reinforcement on the vehicle.
- Verify the fit of the front hinge pillar body reinforcement.
- Clamp the front hinge pillar body reinforcement into position.
- Plug weld accordingly.
- To create a solid weld with minimum heat distortion, make 25 mm (1 in)
stitch welds along the seam with 25 mm (1 in) gaps
between them. Then go back and complete the stitch weld.
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti-Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Warning: Refer to Collision Sectioning Warning in the Preface section.
Warning: Refer to Glass and She ...
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed. ...
Install the following components on the drivetrain and front suspension
frame if removed:
The radiator support brackets.
The stabilizer shaft--Refer to Stabilizer Shaft Replacement.
The lower control arms--Refer to Lower Control Arm Replacement.
The steering gear--Refer to Steering ...
Note: If the location of the original plug weld holes can not be
determined, space the plug weld holes every 40 mm (1½ in).
Drill 8 mm (5/16 in) for plug welding along the edges of the rear floor
panel filler as noted from the original
Clean and prepare the atta ...
For vehicles with a removable ashtray, the ashtray can be placed into the front
To open the ashtray, lift the lid of the ashtray. After using, close the lid.
To empty the ashtray for cleaning, slightly turn the upper part of the ashtray
counterclockwise and remove it.