Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Cut the front compartment front rail in corresponding locations to fit
the remaining original panel. The sectioning joint should be
trimmed to allow a gap of one-and-one-half-times the metal thickness at the
- Create a 50 mm (2 in) backing plate from the unused portion of the
Note: Place backing plate only in areas where adequate space
- Drill 8 mm (5/16 in) along the sectioning cut on the remaining original
part. Locate these holes 13 mm (1/2 in) from the edge of part
and spaced 40 mm (1 1/2 in) apart.
- Prepare all mating surfaces as necessary.
- Fit the backing plates halfway into the sectioning joints, clamp in
place and plug weld to the vehicle.
- Align the front compartment front rail.
Note: Left side only.
- Drill 8 mm (5/1 in) for plug welding along the edges of the front
compartment front rail as noted from the original panel.
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for welding.
- Position the front compartment front rail on the vehicle.
- Verify the fit of the front compartment front rail.
- Clamp the front compartment front rail into position.
- Plug weld accordingly.
- To create a solid weld with minimum heat distortion, make 25 mm (1 in)
stitch welds along the seam with 25 mm (1 in) gaps
between them. Then go back and complete the stitch weld.
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti-Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Warning: Refer to Collision Sectioning Warning in the Preface section.
Warning: Refer to Glass and She ...
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed. ...
Reporting Safety Defects to General Motors
In addition to notifying NHTSA (or Transport Canada) in a situation like this,
notify General Motors.
Call 1-800-222-1020, or write:
Chevrolet Motor Division
Chevrolet Customer Assistance
P.O. Box 33170
Detroit, MI 48232-5170
In Canada, call 1-800-263-3777
(English) or 1-800-263-785 ...
Rear Side Door Wiring Harness Replacement
Remove the rear side door inner panel trim. Refer to Rear Side Door Trim
Rear Side Door Wiring Harness
Warning: Unless directed otherwise, the ignition and start switch must be
in the OFF or LOCK position, and all electrical
loads must be OFF befor ...
Leaving children in a vehicle with the ignition key is dangerous and children
or others could be seriously injured or killed. They could operate the power windows
or other controls or make the vehicle move. The windows will function with the keys
in the ignition, and children or other ...