Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Cut the front compartment front rail in corresponding locations to fit
the remaining original panel. The sectioning joint should be
trimmed to allow a gap of one-and-one-half-times the metal thickness at the
- Create a 50 mm (2 in) backing plate from the unused portion of the
service part and use where possible.
- Drill 8 mm (5/16 in) along the sectioning cut on the remaining original
part. Locate these holes 13 mm (1/2 in) from the edge of part
and spaced 40 mm (1 1/2 in) apart.
- Prepare all mating surfaces as necessary.
- Fit the backing plates halfway into the sectioning joints, clamp in
place and plug weld to the vehicle.
- Align the front compartment front rail.
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for welding.
- Position the front compartment front rail on the vehicle.
- Verify the fit of the front compartment front rail.
- Clamp the front compartment front rail into position.
- Plug weld accordingly.
- To create a solid weld with minimum heat distortion, make 25 mm (1 in)
stitch welds along the seam with 25 mm (1 in) gaps
between them. Then go back and complete the stitch weld.
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti-Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Warning: Refer to Collision Sectioning Warning in the Preface section.
Warning: Refer to Glass and She ...
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed. ...
Rear Side Door Stationary Window Replacement
Remove the rear side door trim panel. Refer to Rear Side Door Trim
Remove the rear side water deflector. Refer to Rear Side Door Water
Remove the rear door window outer sealing strip. Refer to Rear Side Door
Center Console Storage
The center console storage has a storage area under the armrest. Pull up on the
latch on the front of the armrest to access.
Pull up on the latch and slide the center console armrest to adjust the position.
Return the armrest to the rear position to access the storage area.
There may be an a ...
Braking action involves perception time and reaction time. Deciding to push the
brake pedal is perception time. Actually doing it is reaction time.
Average driver reaction time is about three-quarters of a second. In that time,
a vehicle moving at 100 km/h (60 mph) travels 20m (66 ft), which co ...