Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Cut the front compartment upper side rail in corresponding locations to
fit the remaining original panel. The sectioning joint should
be trimmed to allow a gap of one-and-one-half-times the metal thickness at
the sectioning joint.
- Create a 50 mm (2 in) backing plate from the unused portion of the
- Drill 8 mm (5/16 in) along the sectioning cut on the remaining original
part. Locate these holes 13 mm (1/2 in) from the edge of part
and spaced 40 mm (1 1/2 in) apart.
- Prepare all mating surfaces as necessary.
- Fit the backing plates halfway into the sectioning joints, clamp in
place and plug weld to the vehicle.
- Align the front compartment upper side rail.
- Drill 8 mm (5/16 in) for plug welding along the edges of the front
compartment upper side rail as noted from the original panel.
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for welding.
- Position the front compartment upper side rail on the
- Verify the fit of the front compartment upper side rail.
- Clamp the front compartment upper side rail into position.
- Plug weld accordingly.
- To create a solid weld with minimum heat distortion, make 25 mm (1 in)
stitch welds along the seam with 25 mm (1 in) gaps
between them. Then go back and complete the stitch weld.
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti-Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Warning: Refer to Collision Sectioning Warning in the Preface section.
Warning: Refer to Glass and She ...
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed. ...
Death and injury associated with drinking and driving is a global tragedy.
Drinking and then driving is very dangerous. Your reflexes, perceptions, attentiveness,
and judgment can be affected by even a small amount of alcohol. You can have a serious
— or even fatal — collision if you d ...
Rear Axle Bushing Replacement
CH 6616 Hydraulic Hand Pump
CH 6615-10 Hydraulic Cylinder
CH 906-42 Adapter
For equivalent regional tools. Refer to Special Tools
Warning: Use of eye goggles is necessary to prevent personal injury.
Remove the re ...
Passenger Airbag Status Indicator
The vehicle has a passenger sensing system.
The instrument panel has a passenger airbag status indicator.
When the vehicle is started, the passenger airbag status indicator will light
ON and OFF, or the symbol for on and off, for several seconds as a system check.