Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Create 5 x 18 mm (4/16 x 11/16 in) slots for MIG-brazing
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for spot welding and brazing.
Note: In MIG-brazing areas 50 mm (2 in) must be kept clear
of structural adhesive.
- Apply structural adhesive to all attaching surfaces.
- Position the front compartment upper side rail on the vehicle.
- Verify the fit of the front compartment upper side rail.
- Clamp the front compartment upper side rail into position.
Note: MIG-braze factory slots in the front hinge pillar body area
(1) as noted from the original panel.
- Braze accordingly.
- Spot weld accordingly.
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti-Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Warning: Refer to Glass and Sheet Metal Handling Warning in the Preface section.
Disable the SIR Syst ...
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed. ...
Climate Control Systems
The heating, cooling, defrosting, and ventilation for the vehicle can be controlled with these systems.
Vehicles without Air Conditioning
1. Temperature Control.
2. Bi-level Air Mode.
3. Floor Air Mode.
4. Vent Air Mode.
5. Fan Control.
6. Driver and Passenger Heated Seats (If Equ ...
Courtesy/Illuminated Entry Lamps
The following lamps may be manually turned ON by placing the interior lamp
switch in the ON position, or by opening a door while the
switch is in the AUTO position.
The dome lamp
The liftgate lamps
The courtesy lamp supply voltage circuit of the body control module (BCM) ...
Point-to-point measurements are for reference only. All measurements are
given in millimeters. Use these measurements for diagnosing
and estimating. Point-to-point measurements are duplicated with tram bar
pointers set at equal lengths. All die marks, holes, slots, and