Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Drill 8 mm (5/16 in) for plug welding along the edges of the front
compartment upper side rail as noted from the original panel.
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for welding.
- Position the front compartment upper side rail on the vehicle.
- Verify the fit of the front compartment upper side rail.
- Clamp the front compartment upper side rail into position.
Note: Plug weld factory slots in the front hinge pillar body area
(1) as noted from the original panel.
- Plug weld accordingly.
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti-Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Warning: Refer to Glass and Sheet Metal Handling Warning in the Preface section.
Disable the SIR Syst ...
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed. ...
Rear Compartment Lid Emblem/Nameplate Replacement (VCDi AT)
Rear Compartment Lid Emblem Assembly
Caution: Refer to Exterior Trim Emblem Removal Caution in the
The part and surface should be 21°C (70°F) prior to installation. The
vehicle should remain 21°C (70°F) for
one hour after assembly to allow adhesive to deve ...
Shifting out of Park
This vehicle is equipped with an automatic transmission shift lock control system.
The shift lock is designed to:
• Prevent ignition key removal unless the shift lever is in P (Park) with the shift
lever button fully released.
• Prevent movement of the shift lever out of P (Park) unless the ig ...
Position the front brake shield (2) and front wheel bearing/hub (1)
assembly in the steering knuckle.
Caution: Refer to Fastener Caution in the Preface section.
Install the NEW front wheel bearing/hub bolts (1).
Tighten the bearing/hub bolts (1) in 3 passes. Use the EN-45059 k ...