Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Remove the front wheelhouse rear panel brace (1) from service panel.
- Create 6 x 20 mm (4/16 x 12/16 in) slots for MIG-brazing along the edges
of the front wheelhouse (1).
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for brazing.
Note: In MIG-brazing areas 50 mm (2 in) must be kept clear of
- Apply structural adhesive on the front area (1) and create 6 x 20 mm
(4/16 x 12/16 in) slots for MIG-brazing where the front
wheelhouse and the front compartment side rail overlap (2).
- Position the front wheelhouse on the vehicle.
- Verify the fit of the front wheelhouse.
- Clamp the front wheelhouse into position.
- Braze accordingly.
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti-Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Warning: Refer to Glass and Sheet Metal Handling Warning in the Preface section.
Disable the SIR Syst ...
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed. ...
Create 5 x 18 mm (4/16 x 11/16 in) slots for MIG-brazing
Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for spot welding and brazing.
Note: In MIG-brazing areas 50 mm (2 in) must be kept clear
of structural adhesive.
Apply structural adhesive to all attaching surfaces ...
Wipers and Washers
Windshield Wiper and Washer Switch Replacement
Remove the steering column trim covers. Refer to Steering Column Lower Trim
Windshield Wiper and Washer Switch
Disconnect any elect ...
Rear Compartment Lid Emblem/Nameplate Replacement (VCDi)
Rear Compartment Lid Emblem Assembly
Caution: Refer to Exterior Trim Emblem Removal Caution in the
The part and surface should be 21°C (70°F) prior to installation. The
vehicle should remain 21°C (70°F) for
one hour after assembly to allow adhesive to deve ...