Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Create 5 x 18 mm (4/16 x 11/16 in) slots for MIG-Brazing along the edges
of the front wheelhouse front panel as noted from the
- Create a 5 x 18 mm (4/16 x 11/16 in) slot for MIG-Brazing where front
wheelhouse front panel and front wheelhouse overlap.
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for brazing.
- Position the front wheelhouse front panel on the vehicle.
- Verify the fit of the front wheelhouse front panel.
- Clamp the front wheelhouse front panel into position.
- Braze accordingly.
- Braze the joint from front wheelhouse front panel to front wheelhouse
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti-Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in
the Preface section.
Warning: Refer to Glass and Sheet Metal Handling Warning in the Preface
Disable the SIR Syst ...
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed. ...
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Warning: Refer to Glass and Sheet Metal Handling Warning in the Preface section.
Disable the SIR System. Refer to SIR
Disabling and Enabling.
Disconnect the negative battery cable. Refer to ...
Danger, Warnings, and Cautions
Warning messages found on vehicle labels and in this manual describe hazards
and what to do to avoid or reduce them.
Danger indicates a hazard with a high level of risk which will result in serious
injury or death.
Warning or Caution indicates a hazard that could result in injury or death.
The buttons used to control the radio are: BAND: Press to turn the radio
on and choose between AM, FM, and SiriusXM®, if equipped.
MENU/SEL: Turn to navigate the available menus and to search for stations.
INFO: Press to display additional information that may be available for