Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Drill 8 mm (5/16 in) for plug welding along the edges of the front
wheelhouse front panel as noted from the original panel.
- Drill 8 mm (5/16 in) for plug welding where front wheelhouse front panel
and front wheelhouse overlap.
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for welding.
- Position the front wheelhouse front panel on the vehicle.
- Verify the fit of the front wheelhouse front panel.
- Clamp the front wheelhouse front panel into position.
- Plug weld the joint from front wheelhouse front panel to front
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti-Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in
the Preface section.
Warning: Refer to Glass and Sheet Metal Handling Warning in the Preface
Disable the SIR Syst ...
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed. ...
Symptoms - Squeaks and Rattles
Table 1: Rattle Coming From the Side Rail
Table 2: Rattle Under Vehicle at Higher RPM
Table 3: Thump From Rear of Vehicle on Bumps
Table 4: Glass Knock Coming From the Rear of the Vehicle When Driving Over
Table 5: Rattle Coming From Door
Table 6: Squeak When Operating Doors
Table 7: S ...
Steering Wheel Controls
Depending on the vehicle options, some audio functions can be controlled through
the steering wheel controls.
(Push to Talk): Press to interact
with Bluetooth or voice recognition.
(Mute/End Call): Press to decline
an incoming call, or to end a current call. Press to silence the vehicle ...
Roof Side Rail Inflatable Restraint Module Replacement
Warning: In order to prevent SIR deployment, personal injury, or
unnecessary SIR system repairs, do not strike the door or the
door pillar in the area of the side impact sensor (SIS). Turn OFF the ignition
and remove the key when performing service in the
area of the SIS.
Warning: When pe ...