Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Create 8 x 14 mm (5/16 x 15/16 in) slots for MIG-Brazing along the edges
of the drivetrain and front suspension frame front support
as noted from the original panel.
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for brazing.
- Position the drivetrain and front suspension frame front support on the
- Verify the fit of the drivetrain and front suspension frame front
- Clamp the drivetrain and front suspension frame front support into
- Braze accordingly.
- Braze seam as noted from the original panel from the drivetrain and
front suspension frame front support to the front compartment
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti- Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Warning: Refer to Glass and Sheet Metal Handling Warning in the Preface section.
Disable the SIR Syst ...
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed. ...
Rear Suspension Description and Operation
This vehicle has a semi-independent twist-beam rear suspension system
consisting of the following components:
An axle with integral trailing arms
AV shaped twisting cross beam
Two coil springs
Two shock absorbers
The axle assembly (1) attaches to the underbody throu ...
Module Power, Ground, and MIL
Front Impact Sensor, Retractors, and Driver/Passenger Air
Side Impact Sensors and Side/Roof Air Bags
Air Bag Indicator and Disable Switch (C99)
Passenger Sensing System
The passenger sensing system turns off the front outboard passenger frontal airbag
and knee airbag under certain conditions. No other airbag is affected by the passenger
The passenger airbag status indicator will be visible on the instrument panel