Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Installation Procedure
- Drill 8 mm (5/16 in) for plug welding along the edges of the drivetrain
and front suspension frame front support as noted from the
- Clean and prepare the attaching surfaces for welding.
- Position the drivetrain and front suspension frame front support on the
- Verify the fit of the drivetrain and front suspension frame front
- Clamp the drivetrain and front suspension frame front support into
- Plug weld accordingly.
- Weld seam as noted from the original panel from the drivetrain and front
suspension frame front support to the front compartment
- Apply the sealers and anti-corrosion materials to the repair area, as
necessary. Refer to Anti- Corrosion Treatment and Repair.
- Paint the repaired area. Refer to Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Systems.
- Install all related panels and components.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable
Disconnection and Connection.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling.
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the
Warning: Refer to Glass and Sheet Metal Handling Warning in the Preface section.
Disable the SIR Syst ...
Note: According to different corrosion warranties, only the
regional mandatory joining methods are allowed. ...
Instrument Panel Illumination Control
This feature controls the brightness of the instrument panel controls and infotainment
display screen. The thumbwheel is to the left of the steering column on the instrument
(Instrument Panel Brightness):
Move the thumbwheel up or down and hold, to brighten or dim the instrument pan ...
Refer to the replacement number on the original battery label when a new battery
Battery posts, terminals, and related accessories contain lead and lead compounds,
chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm.
Wash hands after handling.
Floor Air Outlet Duct Replacement - Right Side (Right Hand Drive)
Remove instrument outer trim cover -- right side. Refer to Instrument
Panel Outer Trim Cover Replacement - Right Side.
Remove instrument panel lower trim pad cover -- left side. Refer to
Instrument Panel Lower Trim Pad Cover Replacement.
Remove flo ...