This section is only for people of adult size.
There are special things to know about safety belts and children. And there are different rules for smaller children and infants. If a child will be riding in the vehicle.
Follow those rules for everyone's protection.
It is very important for all occupants to buckle up. Statistics show that unbelted people are hurt more often in crashes than those who are wearing safety belts.
There are important things to know about wearing a safety belt properly.
• Sit up straight and always keep your feet on the floor in front of you.
• Always use the correct buckle for your seating position.
• Wear the lap part of the belt low and snug on the hips, just touching the thighs. In a crash, this applies force to the strong pelvic bones and you would be less likely to slide under the lap belt. If you slid under it, the belt would apply force on your abdomen. This could cause serious or even fatal injuries.
• Wear the shoulder belt over the shoulder and across the chest.
These parts of the body are best able to take belt restraining forces. The shoulder belt locks if there is a sudden stop or crash.
You can be seriously injured, or even killed, by not wearing your safety belt properly.
• Never allow the lap or shoulder belt to become loose or twisted.
• Never wear the shoulder belt under both arms or behind your back.
• Never route the lap or shoulder belt over an armrest.
Shifting out of Park
This vehicle is equipped with an automatic transmission shift lock control system. The shift lock is designed to: • Prevent ignition key removal unless the shift lever is in P (Park) with the shift lever button fully released. • Prevent movement of the shift lever out of P (Park) unless the ig ...
Power Steering System Description and Operation
The hydraulic power steering pump is a constant displacement vane-type pump that provides hydraulic pressure and flow for the power steering gear. The hydraulic power steering pumps are either belt-driven or direct-drive, cam-driven. The power steering fluid reservoir holds the power steerin ...
Courtesy Transportation Program
To enhance your ownership experience, we and our participating dealers are proud to offer Courtesy Transportation, a customer support program for vehicles with the Bumper-to-Bumper (Base Warranty Coverage period in Canada), extended powertrain, and/or hybrid-specific warranties in both the U.S ...