Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: General Plastic Repair
Warning: In order to reduce the risk of personal injury when exposed
to toxic fumes while grinding, cutting, or applying repair material on
any type of sheet molded compound or RIM rigid plastic, observe the following
- Work in a properly ventilated area
- Apply protective cream to any exposed skin
- Remove any mixture that comes into contact with skin
- Wash skin with cold water to remove glass and resin dust
- Use a sander with a vacuum attachment
- Follow the repair material manufacturer's instructions
Also, always wear the following:
- An approved respirator, or air supplied respirator
- Eye protection
- Rubber gloves
- Protective clothing
The following procedures should be followed when repairing all types of
- Follow the manufacturer's application and curing recommendations
- Do not intermix systems. Use the supplies and the repair materials from
the same manufacturer.
- Clean the inner and outer surfaces of the repair area with a soap
impregnated scouring pad in order to remove any dirt or mold
- Clean the area with a wax and grease remover, using only enough of the
remover to dampen a cloth. Allow the panel to dry
- Remove the surface finish from the area to be repaired. Adhesives are
designed to adhere to the plastic substrate, not the finish.
- Prime a metal surface before applying the repair material.
- Inspect the rear side of the work area before making repairs in order to
avoid possible damage to wires, motors, etc.
Plastic parts can be identified by the SAE code, which is usually found on
the rear of the part, and/or by the characteristics of the plastic.
Knowing the type of plastic aids in selecting th ...
Front Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement
Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the
Remove the tire and wheel. Refer to Tire and Wheel Removal and
Remove the lower control arm. Refer to Lower Control Arm Replacement.
Lower Control Arm Rear Bushing ...
Quick Info gives access to quick information on Audio playing, OnStar Turn-by-Turn
route (if equipped), 5-day forecast, Nearby Fuel Stations, and Movie Show Times.
To access, press Quick Info on the Home Page or the INFO button on the faceplate.
Depending on the system and if the options are ...
Remove all mounds or loose pieces of urethane adhesive from the
Inspect for any of the following problems in order to help prevent
future breakage of the window:
Any other obstruction or irregularity in the pinch-weld fla ...