Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Fog Lamp Aiming
Important: Horizontal aim is not adjustable on this vehicle.
Vertical aim is done by an adjusting nut located on the rear of the fog lamp.
Prior to aiming the fog lamps, perform the following steps:
- Completely assemble all of the components on the vehicle.
- Place the vehicle on a level surface.
- Stop all unnecessary operations or work that could affect the ride
height of the vehicle.
- Close the doors and verify that the luggage compartment is empty.
- Stabilize the suspension by rocking the vehicle sideways.
- Ensure that the fuel level is full.
- Ensure that the tires are inflated to the proper pressure.
- Ensure that the driver or a similar weight , approximately 75 kg (165
lb), is in the vehicle driver seat.
- Park the vehicle 7.6 m (25 ft) away from the target screen.
- Measure from the center of the fog lamp to the ground line. Using this
measurement, mark the horizontal centerline (2) of the fog
lamp on the target screen directly in front of the vehicle
- Turn ON the fog lamps. The top of the fog lamp beam image (4) on the
target screen should be 102 mm (4 in) below the center of
the fog lamp lens height.
- Adjust the fog lamp as required using the adjusting screw above the
projector lens on the outside of the front bumper fascia.
- Turn OFF the fog lamps.
Front Side Turn Signal Lamp Replacement
- Remove the front wheelhouse liner. Refer to Front Wheelhouse Liner
- Disconnect the front turn signal lamp electrical connector from the
forward lamp harness assembly at the topside of the
- Rotate the lamp socket from the lamp housing.
- Squeeze the lamp housing locking tab and push outward in order to remove
the lamp housing from the fender panel.
Front Turn Signal Lamp Assembly
Replace the bulb, as needed.
Front Side Turn Signal Lamp Bulb Replacement
- Park/Turn Bulb Socket
Warning: Refer to Halogen Bulb Warning in the Preface section.
Rotate counterclockwise and remove the socket from the headlamp assembly.
- Park/Turn Bulb
Remove the bulb from the bulb socket.
High Mount Stop Lamp Replacement
- High Mount Stop Lamp Screw (Qty: 2)
Hand tighten only, no torque required.
- High Mount Stop Lamp Assembly
Disconnect the electrical connector at the high mount stop lamp.
The lamp is Light Emitting Diode (LED) and is serviced as an assembly.
Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle
Disconnect the forward lamp electrical harness connector from the fog
lamp bulb socket ...
Remove the rear compartment sill trim plate. Refer to Rear Compartment
Sill Trim Plate Replacement.
Disconnect the electrical harness connector from the backu ...
Deployment Outside Vehicle - Steering Wheel Module, Instrument Panel
Module, and Roof Rail Module
Deploy the inflator module outside of the vehicle when the vehicle will be
returned to service. Situations that require deployment outside
of the vehicle include the following:
Using the SIR diagnostics, you determine that the inflator module is
The inflator module is cosm ...
Fuel Tank Filler Pipe Housing Replacement
Remove rear wheelhouse panel liner. Refer to Rear Wheelhouse Panel Liner
Remove fuel tank filler door. Refer to Fuel Tank Filler Door
Fuel Tank Filler Door Lock Actuator
Disconnect electrical connector.
Fuel Tank ...
How Does an Airbag Restrain?
In moderate to severe frontal or near frontal collisions, even belted occupants
can contact the steering wheel or the instrument panel. In moderate to severe side
collisions, even belted occupants can contact the inside of the vehicle.
Airbags supplement the protection provided by safety belts ...