Distraction comes in many forms and can take your focus from the task of driving. Exercise good judgment and do not let other activities divert your attention away from the road. Many local governments have enacted laws regarding driver distraction. Become familiar with the local laws in your area.
To avoid distracted driving, always keep your eyes on the road, hands on the wheel, and mind on the drive.
• Do not use a phone in demanding driving situations. Use a hands-free method to place or receive necessary phone calls.
• Watch the road. Do not read, take notes, or look up information on phones or other electronic devices.
• Designate a front seat passenger to handle potential distractions.
• Become familiar with vehicle features before driving, such as programming favorite radio stations and adjusting climate control and seat settings. Program all trip information into any navigation device prior to driving.
• Wait until the vehicle is parked to retrieve items that have fallen to the floor.
• Stop or park the vehicle to tend to children.
• Keep pets in an appropriate carrier or restraint.
• Avoid stressful conversations while driving, whether with a passenger or on a cell phone.
Taking your eyes off the road too long or too often could cause a crash resulting in injury or death.
Focus your attention on driving.
Refer to the infotainment section for more information on using that system, including pairing and using a cell phone.
If equipped, refer to the navigation manual for information on that system, including pairing and using a cell phone.
Front Bumper Fascia Guide Replacement
Preliminary Procedure Remove the front bumper fascia. Refer to Front Bumper Fascia Replacement. Front Bumper Fascia Guide Rivet (Qty: 2) Headlamp Bolt Caution: Refer to Fastener Caution in the Preface section. Tighten 2.5 N·m (23 lb in) Front Bumper Fascia Guide Front Bumper ...
Inflatable Restraint Steering Wheel Module Coil Centering
Caution: The new SIR coil assembly will be centered. Improper alignment of the SIR coil assembly may damage the unit, causing an inflatable restraint malfunction. Verify the following conditions before centering the supplemental inflatable restraint (SIR) steering wheel module co ...
Warning: Refer to Approved Equipment for Collision Repair Warning in the Preface section. Warning: Refer to Glass and Sheet Metal Handling Warning in the Preface section. Disable the SIR System. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling. Disconnect the negative battery cable. Refer to ...