Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Aluminum Wheel Porosity Repair
- Remove the tire and wheel. Refer to Tire and Wheel Removal
- Inflate the tire to the manufactures specified pressure as stated on the
- Submerge the tire/wheel into a water bath in order to locate the leak.
- Inscribe a mark on the wheel in order to indicate the leak areas.
- Inscribe a mark on the tire at the valve stem in order to indicate the
orientation of the tire to the wheel.
- Remove the tire from the wheel. Refer to Tire Dismounting and Mounting.
Note: Do not damage the exterior surface of the wheel.
- Use number 80 grit sandpaper to scuff the inside of the rim surface at
the leak area.
- Use general purpose cleaner to clean the leak area.
- Apply 3 mm (0.12 in) thick layer of adhesive/sealant to the leak area.
Refer to Adhesives, Fluids, Lubricants, and Sealers.
- Allow for the adhesive/sealant to dry.
- Align the inscribed mark on the tire with the valve stem on the wheel.
- Install the tire to the wheel. Refer to Tire Dismounting and Mounting.
- Pressurize the tire to 276 kPa (40 psi).
- Submerge the tire/wheel into a water bath in order ensure the leak is
- Inflate the tire to the specified pressure as stated on the tire
- Balance the tire and wheel. Refer to Tire and Wheel Assembly Balancing -
- Install the tire and wheel. Refer to Tire and Wheel Removal and
Finish Damage Evaluation Procedure
If the wheels are chrome-plated, do not re-plate or refinish the
If the wheels are polished aluminum, do not refinish the wheels in
the de ...
: Press to turn the system on and
off. Turn to increase or decrease the volume.
BAND: Press to choose between FM, AM, or SiriusXM®, if equipped.
MENU/SEL: Turn to select radio stations. Press to select a menu.
: Press to seek the previous station
: Press to seek the next station
To ensure proper engine performance and long life, careful attention must be
paid to engine oil.
Following these simple, but important steps will help protect your investment:
• Always use engine oil approved to the proper specification and of the proper viscosity
grade. See “Selecting the Ri ...
We recommend that the tires, including the spare tire, if the vehicle has one,
be inspected for signs of wear or damage at least once a month.
Replace the tire if:
• The indicators at three or more places around the tire can be seen.
• There is cord or fabric showing through the tire's rubb ...